Monday, May 18, 2009

I need a break from poker!

Every once in a while, I'll get burnt out mentally from the rigors of online poker. Miracle cards seem to hit a lot on me.. You know what they say, when it rains it pours. Well, I think things go well for me, and then I'll take a bad beat that just keeps snow-balling. The frustration builds and builds and builds. No matter what I do, my hand never wins. For example, yesterday I raise with KK utg and the BB calls with J-10. Guess what two cards hit on the flop?!! Yep, J-10 and my Cowboys are busted. I have Pocket 5s and hit a set on the flop... Guy calls me all the way down with K4 of spades and rivers his flush. This is the kind of crap that drives me absolutely crazy. If the best hand always held up, I'd be a millionaire. But, that's online poker and my heart and desire lessens as the snow ball continues to accumulate. Last night after taking another tough loss, a whole day without cashing, I decided I was going to take a couple of days break away from poker. My body, emotions, and everything else that has been tested the past couple of days need a rest from the game. Hopefully, I'll come back stronger than ever as I gear up for June 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment